Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blogging blues

Well, I've looked at enough other blogs to know that I'm just not blogger-saavy. Technology has always presented it's challenges and this is no exception. It seems that thoughts and eloquent speech just flow from the fingertips of some, and I write and backspace, re-read backspace, etc. Not sure exactly what information belongs on a blog, and what information should really just remain in my thoughts...hmm...

We received a little package from our "A" yesterday, containing just a little snippet of a video of him and some postcards and a CD with music. What a relief to get something from him after all these months. It felt like a little reward for getting our paperwork submitted!! It's just amazing to me how God can just continue to grow love in our hearts each day for our "A". I pray that somehow he is feeling more loved as well.

While the last few weeks were filled with chasing around for documents all about us and the proper format and the proper signatures, etc, now it feels as though the real "waiting" begins. We continue to pray for God's timing, for our ability to trust and obey, and for all of us to have open hearts to receive one another.

Some days waiting just feels hard, but God is good. Read Phil 2:14 today "Do everything without complaining or arguing" didn't even make it to 9am without a little whining. Guess it's something to keep working at--maybe tomorrow I'll get to 9:15.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your blog... everyone is different:-)
I have greatly enjoyed all of your updates... it helps me to know where you are at in the process. Although you have probably heard this verse a lot, it means so much to me. I hope it is an encouragement to you: "For I KNOW the plans I have you," says the Lord. "Plans for GOOD and not for evil, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE. Jeremiah 29:11
Many Blessings to you.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Blogging seemed like a cool idea until you had to come up with something to write about.

After I realized that other people were reading my blog, I began to think of its content in a different way. Sometimes I was addressing the reader, while other times I would just ramble on about things that only meant something to me. In the end, I created what will amount to a "baby book". It will be something for my adopted child to read when he is older. It will tell the story of how he came to be part of the family.
-Dan